Employment Opportunity for:
Operations and Outreach Coordinator
The Clear Lake Environmental Research Center (CLERC) is an environmental non-profit organization based in Lake County, California. CLERC’s mission is to:
- Bring science, education, government, tribal and business groups together to resolve issues involving Clear Lake.
- Study the unique properties of Clear Lake and the surrounding area.
- Coordinate and implement programs and projects that focus on solutions to environmental and economic problems locally and worldwide.
CLERC seeks an energetic self-starter to serve as Operations and Outreach Coordinator. The Operations and Outreach Coordinator helps manage growth and communications in a fast-growing startup nonprofit organization. Primary duties include, but not limited to: coordination of information technology resources, management of volunteers, scheduling and support of Board committees, updating and refinement of organizational policies, coordination of the monthly newsletter, management of CLERC’s social media pages, and other duties as assigned.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate CLERC’s information technology resources (email, Google Drive, computer and software set up and troubleshooting).
- Tracking and scheduling of volunteers, including hosts at the Lakeport Carnegie Library.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings on behalf of the CLERC Board and Board Committees.
- Draft and refine CLERC's organizational policies (privacy, employee handbook, purchasing, etc.)
- Contribute to additional CLERC programs (as appropriate based on skills and interests).
Social Media and Outreach
- Create (or cause the creation of) several blog posts each month.
- Manage CLERC’s social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, twitter).
- Host and promote public webinars for CLERC programs.
- Work with CLERC Staff to organize media events that will promote CLERC’s presence in the community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate needs 2‐3 years of professional experience in the environmental field, preferably managing operations and/or community outreach for an environmental nonprofit organization.
- Person must have working knowledge of Google Drive, social media platforms, email communications, and web site domain management.
- Person must have solid general knowledge of environmental issues pertinent to Clear Lake and the surrounding area (wildfire, climate change, watershed health).
- Person doesn’t need specific knowledge of Clear Lake, but needs to be able to learn the specifics of our community and CLERC’s programs quickly.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, to inform and persuade donors, the media and people in the community of the CLERC mission and purpose.
- No degree required, but highly recommended.
The Operations and Outreach Coordinator is a part time position (10-20 hours/week) with potential to grow to a full time position as the organization grows. Some job-related travel is required and will be billed on a cost reimbursable basis. Salary range is $28-$30/hour and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit a resume, letter of interest, and names and phone numbers of at least three references to: Clear Lake Environmental Research Center, PO Box 636, Lakeport, CA 95453 or via email to email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: Position is open until filled.
CLERC is an equal opportunity employer.