- Citizen Monitoring - this project is part of a larger state-sponsored effort to obtain more water quality data by utilizing interested citizens. By monitoring a local creek, pond, or stretch of beach, monitors will learn about its health and the plants and animals it supports.
- Clear Lake Monitoring Round Table - including citizen monitoring, this group will be a forum for all entities participating in some form of water quality monitoring on Clear Lake to share information and coordinate analysis.
- Cyanobacteria Harvesting Study - the purpose of this project is to study the feasibility of different methods for either collecting and sorting specific species of cyanobacteria or growing specific species in a controlled lab environment. The primary purpose of this project is to develop a steady supply of specific species of cyanobacteria for distribution to research companies who need a specific type of the organism for study.
- Monthly Environmental Education Series - a monthly event to engage the public in a way that will lead to a better understanding of the environment.
- Cyanobacteria/Algae Biofuel Pilot Project - the purpose will be to develop a functional and economical biofuel production operation utilizing the nuisance algae blooms that appear from time to time on Clear Lake.
- Cyanobacteria Oxygen Generation Study - a study to determine the feasibility of using cyanobacteria to produce oxygen in a controlled environment. Outputs could be used to develop life support systems for humans in oxygen-free environments (outer space, submarine).